At the start of the new year, there are a lot of promises made in the form of resolutions. Here are a few that would make 2012 a better year for your pal.
- Feed Better Food - My dad used to work for Dinovite a nutritional supplement for dogs and cats. Well, he learned a ton and helped me understand what's best for our dogs. Out two labs, KC and Niki mostly eat a raw diet. In the winter they get raw deer (it's hunting season you know) and in the summer, we make the a homemade mix using hamburger meat, but they still eat it raw...they LOVE it and they haven't been healthier. Here's a link to Mrs. Lukacevic's video (she's the owner of Dinovite) for creating the raw mix.
- More Exercise - Dogs shouldn't be round and it should be very easy to feel their ribs. There should be a noticeable "tuck" when you view them from the side - a very clear rise from their chest to their abdomen.
- More Disipline/Obedience - Dogs LOVE to please us and they feel most secure when they know what the boundaries are and what to expect from you and I. Take time with you buddy to teach him some of the basics and then reward, reward, reward.
- Better Hygiene - Regular baths, keeping claws trimmed neatly and, since I have labs I know this one, keep their ears clean. Brush them regularly, apart from keeping the fur from flying, it is great for their skin and coat
- Feed Healthy Treats - Have you ever read the ingredients in some of those things? YUCK! Some treats are more trick than treat. Here's a good tip. Buy a beef liver at the store, boil it and cut it into the right size bites for your pal. She'll love it!